Straight from the Parisian Spring 2012 runways
Wrapping up the big Spring 2012 shows is none other than those from Paris Fashion Week. We take you through the top five trends from the City of Lights.
1. Straight lines. Toning down from last summer’s geometrics, designers are opting to accent their pieces with straight lines, both dark and thin.
2. Darkness. Apart from the traditional bright and flowery clothing are designs that echo a dark undertone in attitude and looks.
3. High Waists. Amidst the slew of skirts and dresses are high-waist trousers, allowing for ladies to show off their slender figures and long legs.
4. Androgyny. For those that aren’t a fan of the overtly feminine and popping prints and hues, androgyny sneaks itself into collections in a subtle manner, composed of more loosely fitting and masculinized silhouettes.
2. Peplum. Originating from the Greek term for “tunic,” the short overskirt has been finding itself affixed to many blouses and dresses for the upcoming season – flattering for any figure.